How do you deal with things when they get hard? It’s easy to be happy and do well when things are going your way. But when things get hard, how you react can give you a lot of information. This is why interviewers will often ask candidates about their biggest mistakes, challenges, or embarrassing moments and how they dealt with them.
What a person does when things get hard tells an interviewer more about the reality of working with the candidate than any accomplishment or hero’s story they could tell. We’ve all had experiences of working with somebody who doesn’t know how to handle it when they’re stressed out and things get hard. So, when things go wrong, how do you react?
Tune in this week to discover why the way you handle a situation when things get hard is what creates real trust with others. Things aren’t always going to go well, so I’m showing you how the way you handle challenges is the best indicator of how successful you’ll be when things are going well.
Join me for my free class: The Art and Science of Landing a 6-Figure Job. I’m showing you how to see the opportunities you’re missing, fully capitalize on the opportunities you are getting, and how to create your own luck as you go after your dream 6-figure role, and the three highest-leverage actions you can take right now to secure your premium role. We have different times and dates available, so click here to sign up!
If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why stories of mistakes and challenges tell interviewers what it’s really like working with you.
- A story from my life recently when things got hard.
- How the way you handle challenges is the best indicator of how successful you’ll be when things are going well.
- What I’m currently doing to deal with a difficult situation and what I’m learning from it.
- How to be aware of yourself and how you handle those days when things get hard.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- TV Show: Breaking Bad
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.