There’s one overarching problem I see often in the search for your premium role, and that is transactional networking. Transactional networking has you operating from an energy of attachment, which is normal and natural, but it comes with huge costs you might not be seeing right now.
We can all get into tunnel vision mode when it comes to exciting opportunities. You might see one that has you putting all your energy into it, fixated and hopeful. However, this mindset is the equivalent of expecting a ring on the first date. It’s slowing you down, leading to unhealthy actions, and creating unnecessary heartache.
Tune in this week to learn the difference between transactional networking and non-transactional networking, a.k.a attachment and commitment. I’m showing you what happens when you’re engaged in transactional networking, how it’s creating needless spinning and dwelling, and instead, what commitment to the end result looks like in practice.
To go deeper into what I’m sharing in this episode and open up new possibilities in your career, join my free training: The 3 Required Skills to Get a Six-Figure Job in a Tough Time!
If you leave me a review, I’ve got a freebie for you. My 8 Reasons Why You Get Interviews But No Offers course is usually $97. However, if you leave me a review on your favorite podcast app, I will give you access to this course that has been responsible for landing people offers. All you have to do is email me a screenshot of your review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What transactional networking means.
- The difference between attachment and commitment.
- Why it’s normal and natural to get attached to any given opportunity.
- What happens when you’re engaged in transactional networking.
- How we try to interfere and manipulate an outcome from attachment.
- The power of cultivating commitment to the end result you want.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
- If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- Ep #84: 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.