I get asked to review resumes all the time, whether it’s on LinkedIn or in my program. I’ve created this week’s episode as a resource I can direct people toward anytime they ask me to review theirs.
Really, this episode is about giving you the tools you need so you can feel differently about your resume, and most importantly, start adjusting your expectations of what you actually need to communicate through your resume. The truth is, I don’t need to look at your resume to show you how to improve it. If you follow what I’m sharing today and act accordingly, your resume will have its intended impact and help you land your premium role.
Tune in this week for some guidance on creating a resume that lands you the interviews you want. I’m sharing everything you need to keep in mind as you create your resume and some best practices to follow, but I’m also showing you why your resume isn’t the most important thing to focus on as you look for new opportunities in your career.
To go deeper into what I’m sharing in this episode and open up new possibilities in your career, join my free training: The 3 Required Skills to Get a Six-Figure Job in a Tough Time!
If you leave me a review, I’ve got a freebie for you. My 8 Reasons Why You Get Interviews But No Offers course is usually $97. However, if you leave me a review on your favorite podcast app, I will give you access to this course that has been responsible for landing people offers. All you have to do is email me a screenshot of your review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How the resume has way more importance than it should.
- The real purpose of your resume.
- Why even people with amazing resumes still struggle to land premium roles.
- How my time is much better spent creating resources for my clients rather than checking their resumes.
- The problem with looking for other people’s opinions on your resume.
- Some practical tips you can use to create a resume that lands you more interviews.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
- If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- Ep #91: The Resume Challenge (How to Get More Interviews)
- Ep #156: Networking in a New Industry
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.