This week, I’m bringing you wisdom from a resident career expert who’s been around for years. She used to work in recruitment, so she has a deep understanding of how to advance your career, and she’s here to give us a different take on how you can handle challenging questions when you’re caught off guard.
Lauren McGoodwin is the founder and CEO of Career Contessa, an online career resource for women, covering the search for their premium role, career development, and leadership. Her life’s mission is to help women build successful careers on their terms, and today we’re discussing how to answer the toughest questions you’ll face as you advance your career.
Tune in this week to discover how to handle challenging questions when you’re caught off guard. Lauren is discussing the art, not science, of answering open-ended questions, the mindset that makes giving good answers even more difficult, and how to communicate your story effectively and memorably when you’re interviewing.
If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why there are some questions that leave all of us stumped.
- The hardest questions you’ll have to answer during the application process.
- Why there is a right and wrong way to answer open-ended questions, but it’s more of an art than a science.
- 2 things to study before you attend an interview.
- The mindset that makes answering challenging questions even more difficult.
- Why it’s important to be specific when you’re answering the tough questions.
- Lauren’s practical tips for being prepared to answer challenging questions during interviews.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- Get the free workbook here!
- Lauren McGoodwin: Instagram | LinkedIn
- Career Contessa: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube | Podcast
- Power Moves: How Women Can Pivot, Reboot, and Build a Career of Purpose by Lauren McGoodwin
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.