My guest this week experienced a significant shift in her career, landed an amazing role she loves, and she’s here to share her experience with all of us. Lizzie Campanella is a UX designer who created success by prioritizing conversations over applications. Focusing on conversations will open up new career opportunities no matter what field you’re in, and it’s easier to get started than you think.
If you’re skipping the Client Success Interview episodes because you’re waiting for your own success and hearing about other people’s wins could demotivate you, you’re not alone. Lizzie admits to doing this herself, but the strategy and motivation she got from going back to these episodes have actually been instrumental in inspiring her to move forward and try new things in the search for her premium role.
Tune in this week to discover how Lizzie went from being an art teacher to becoming a UX designer. Lizzie is sharing how networking, creating connections, and having conversations allowed her to create impactful opportunities in her career, and you’ll learn what it takes to keep going until you land a role that truly works for you.
To go deeper into what we’re discussing in this episode and open up new possibilities in your career, join my free training: The 3 Required Skills to Get a Six-Figure Job in a Tough Time!
If you leave me a review, I’ve got a freebie for you. My 8 Reasons Why You Get Interviews But No Offers course is usually $97. However, if you leave me a review on your favorite podcast app, I will give you access to this course that has been responsible for landing people offers. All you have to do is email me a screenshot of your review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Lizzie’s journey toward becoming a UX designer and landing a premium role.
- How Lizzie leveraged her background to find new career opportunities.
- The problem with applying for positions using portals.
- Why strategic human conversations have the biggest impact on the search for your premium role.
- How Lizzie approached her first interview in years.
- The specific mindset that will help you keep going on your search for amazing career opportunities.
- How Lizzie went to interview as a web designer and came out a UX design manager.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
- If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- Lizzie Campanella: Website | LinkedIn
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.