I was on LinkedIn recently, and I got into my first-ever disagreement in the comment section of a post. Now, I don’t usually enjoy disagreement and I shy away from drama. But this one called to me because it was an opportunity to stand up for all the people who’ve tolerated mistreatment (myself included).
This post was about the disrespect a jobseeker experienced during the process of interviewing for several roles. I gave out some useful advice and a lot of people loved it. But it was clear that one responder didn’t quite understand the value of how you feel in responding to disrespectful situations from a place of self-respect.
Tune in this week as I share how to deal with situations where you’ve been mistreated by a potential employer. I’m sharing how to show up with self-respect and confidence in your value, so you can clearly instruct others on how you want to be treated, and feel good doing it.
Are you tired of going from job interview to job interview and not getting an offer? I’ve put together a free download that breaks down the reasons this might be happening. It’s called The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired and I will help you figure it out. Click here to get it!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why standing up for yourself on the hunt for your premium offer really matters.
- What it looks like when you’re being disrespected during the application and interview process.
- Some examples of how to instruct people on how you want to be treated in an interview situation.
- Why not standing up for yourself when you’ve been mistreated will always lead to people pleasing.
- How the dynamic shifts when you respond from a place of self-respect when you’re being mistreated by a potential employer.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Featured on the Show:
- Did you love this podcast episode? This is only a tiny fraction of the kind of breakthroughs, mind-blowing explosions, and career upgrading magic that happens when you join the 6-Figure Curriculum. Best of all, it’s all available to you RIGHT NOW! Click here to get immediate access to the curriculum and get started. I cannot wait to start working with you!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.