Wondering how to make a big transition in your career? You’re in the right place because my guest this week has done exactly that by embracing the discomfort that most people naturally try to avoid. She’s sharing the steps it took to make the shift from an engineer to a technical product manager.
Just like you, Jillian Funes is an extremely smart and ambitious professional, and she has tons of interesting insights into doing something a lot of people think is not possible. So, she’s breaking down exactly how she made a huge career pivot by embracing discomfort and breaking down the obstacles that could have stopped her progress.
Tune in this week to discover what it really takes to make a transition in your career. Jillian is sharing how she left a role where she felt comfortable in pursuit of what she really wants. We’re discussing why this process requires that you embrace discomfort, how to see where your discomfort is coming from, and the specific thoughts that will help you get into the mindset that a career pivot is possible for you.
Are you tired of going from job interview to job interview and not getting an offer? I’ve put together a free download that breaks down the reasons this might be happening. It’s called The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired and I will help you figure it out. Click here to get it!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- 2 places people often get stuck when they want to pivot in their career.
- Some specific thoughts that stop women in the tech industry from embracing discomfort.
- How Jillian’s thought processes had to change as she transitioned from engineering to product management.
- What it looks like when you stop following your natural instincts to shy away from the discomfort of trying something new.
- How to go out there and find the role that is right for you at this stage in your career.
- The difference between being okay with discomfort, versus actively seeking out discomfort.
- How to start identifying the reasons you’re avoiding the discomfort of going after what you really want.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- Did you love this podcast episode? This is only a tiny fraction of the kind of breakthroughs, mind-blowing explosions, and career upgrading magic that happens when you join the 6-Figure Curriculum. Best of all, it’s all available to you RIGHT NOW! Click here to get immediate access to the curriculum and get started. I cannot wait to start working with you!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
- Jillian Funes: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Canopy Servicing
- Mel Robbins
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.