Stories are super powerful. I like to share stories on LinkedIn, and they resonate with people more than any content I’ve ever posted. So, how can you fully embrace the power of stories to land high-quality roles and advance your career?
Generally, when we go into a conversation about a prospective opportunity, or we’re in an interview, we’re expected to communicate our value. In my experience, people tend to think of stories as a mechanism to convince the interviewer that they’re right for the role. However, when you’re trying to persuade, you’re missing out on the opportunity to tell a deep, meaningful, memorable story.
Tune in this week to discover how to tell an impactful story that properly conveys your value so you can land a high-quality premium role. I’m sharing what makes storytelling a powerful method of communication, and giving you a framework for communicating your value in a way that makes people understand, remember, and trust you.
I have a three-day training, March 8th through 10th 2023 at 2PM Pacific each day, and it’s called 3 Required Skills for a Highly Lucrative Career. I’m sharing the main ideas that have helped my clients land premium offers, tactics, strategies, and most importantly, the mindset shifts you need to help you do the same. Click here to join!
Are you tired of going from job interview to job interview and not getting an offer? I’ve put together a free download that breaks down the reasons this might be happening. It’s called The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired and I will help you figure it out. Click here to get it!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why stories hold serious power when it comes to landing a premium offer.
- What people tend to get wrong when it comes to storytelling in interviews.
- Why nobody remembers clinical stories focused on providing evidence of skills and behaviors.
- How a good story has the ability to foster connection and how I’ve used stories to advance my own life and career.
- Why you don’t only have to share work stories in interviews, and how personal stories create unique connections with potential employers.
- A framework you can use to start telling credible, impactful, memorable stories.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | STITCHER
Featured on the Show:
- Did you love this podcast episode? This is only a tiny fraction of the kind of breakthroughs, mind-blowing explosions, and career upgrading magic that happens when you join the 6-Figure Curriculum. Best of all, it’s all available to you RIGHT NOW! Click here to get immediate access to the curriculum and get started. I cannot wait to start working with you!
- Do you already have a job you love, but you’re ready to excel in the company? Join the waitlist for my mastermind, Time to Thrive. This is a six-month container focused on helping you leap forward in your career and leave your doubting voice in the dust.
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.