Sometimes, you need to have difficult conversations with difficult people, whether that person is a colleague, boss, client, or anyone else. These conversations can bring up a lot of uncomfortable emotions, leaving you feeling wronged, questioned, or inadequate. But if you want a new way to handle difficult conversations with difficult humans, this episode is for you.
One of my favorite things to do is talk to difficult people. When I worked as an account manager, customer service reps would get really frustrated with customers, and I would literally tell them, “Let me talk to the difficult person.” So, in this episode, I’m explaining why I wanted to take on these difficult people, and how I was able to get a good result 90% of the time.
What I’m sharing today is really the secret behind my mindset, so tune in this week to discover how to simplify these difficult conversations. I’m sharing some common human reactions when someone questions us, and giving you a new approach so your difficult conversations can have a productive outcome for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
Are you tired of going from job interview to job interview and not getting an offer? I’ve put together a free download that breaks down the reasons this might be happening. It’s called The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired and I will help you figure it out. Click here to get it!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How people tend to react when they’re having a conversation with a difficult human, and why it doesn’t get you the best possible result.
- Why you don’t have to go into fight, flight, freeze, or fawn when dealing with difficult people.
- The key moment when you have the chance to shift something in your own mind during a difficult conversation.
- Why getting curious when someone questions me has never steered me wrong.
- How to lean into curiosity when having a difficult conversation with someone.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.