There’s a myth we love believing in our society that growth should be linear and that our security comes from the company we work for. We think we’re entitled to our role until we decide to leave on our own terms, and this leaves you in what I call career rigidity.
Whether it’s getting laid off, or deciding you want to pivot from what you thought was your dream premium role, the beautiful part of it all is that you get to be proactive and create the experience you want. The truth is anything can happen to put your security on the line, and if you want to feel prepared so you don’t have to waste time in panic or fear, you need to build the skill of career agility.
Join me this week to discover what career agility means, and why it’s an essential skill to build if you want a healthy, long-term career with an upward trajectory. You’ll hear the main differences between career rigidity and career agility, and how the latter will allow you to gain clarity, resilience, and direction from any experience.
Are you tired of going from job interview to job interview and not getting an offer? I’ve put together a free download that breaks down the reasons this might be happening. It’s called The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired and I will help you figure it out. Click here to get it!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What the skill of career agility means.
- Examples of what career agility looks like in practice.
- The difference between career agility and career rigidity.
- Why working for a company for security is a myth, and where you truly get security from.
- How believing growth is linear is not serving you.
- Why building the skill of career agility is essential for a healthy, long-term career with an upward trajectory.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- Did you love this podcast episode? This is only a tiny fraction of the kind of breakthroughs, mind-blowing explosions, and career upgrading magic that happens when you join the 6-Figure Curriculum. Best of all, it’s all available to you RIGHT NOW! Click here to get immediate access to the curriculum and get started. I cannot wait to start working with you!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.