Having been on both sides of the interview process, I’ve learned a lot about effective interview techniques and how to use the interview to land your dream job. One of the biggest things I’ve learned is that there are two types of candidates: some that are average and others that stand out. But what’s the difference?
Average and standout candidates are very different; one of them gets the job, while the other doesn’t. It can be easy to slip into the average candidate mindset, and although we’re unaware when we’re doing it, it’s not the most effective way to interview. In contrast, standout candidates interview efficiently and do exactly as their title suggests – they stand out.
Tune in this week where I’ll talk about the difference between average and standout candidates and how you can develop your skills to make sure you are the standout candidate in your next interview. I’ll also explain how to change the way you interview once and for all. Remember, unless you learn to become a standout candidate, your chances of getting the job will be lower. It’s time to show your value and land your dream job!
To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away an amazing surprise gift basket filled with all my favorite things to three lucky listeners! It’ll have some headphones, some books I love and some other fun things that I know you’ll love too. Click here to learn more about the contest and how to enter.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The differences between average and standout candidates.
- How to benefit from an interview, even if you don’t land the job.
- What value-based interviewing is and why you should do it.
- How to show up as the standout candidate in interviews.
- Why you shouldn’t be needy in an interview.
- The importance of putting your own needs first.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- To celebrate the launch of the show, I’m giving away an amazing surprise gift basket filled with all my favorite things to three lucky listeners! It’ll have some headphones, some books I love and some other fun things that I know you’ll love too. Click here to learn more about the contest and how to enter.
- If you’re ready to dive deeper into your career mindset and start making a serious impact in your industry, join me at http://nataliefisher.ca/start/.
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Ep #11: Opportunity Stacking
- Ep #3: Why Niche Networking is the Way to Your Dream Job (and How to Do It!)
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!