When we’re going after something new, we tend to catastrophize. The human brain is highly skilled when it comes to catastrophizing because we think it’s a strategy for managing risk and planning for the event that things go wrong. However, if we don’t do this strategically, our brains run off in a catastrophic spiral. That’s where what I’m calling bestifying comes in.
You get to choose how you think about the situation you’re in. Sometimes, looking for a new role in your career can feel scary, and it’s natural to expect the worst. However, when you can expect the best and decide anything that isn’t the best is happening for your benefit, you’ll be in a way better state to land a premium offer.
Tune in this week to discover how to stop catastrophizing and start bestifying as you search for your premium role. I’m showing you how to get in the habit of expecting the best and getting curious when the best doesn’t show up, so you can keep moving in pursuit of your dream role.
If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to see the information that all of your thoughts and feelings are being filtered through.
- Why it’s so easy for our brains to get caught in a place of catastrophizing.
- How I caught my brain catastrophizing recently.
- What it means to bestify.
- Why even things you don’t like could be happening for your benefit.
- How to start developing the habit of visualizing and living in the best-case scenario.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Leave me a review, send me a screenshot, and I’ll send you the 50 Examples Story Guide full of detailed stories from my clients and myself that will help you nail the interview!
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Get my freebie, The 8 Reasons You’re Not Getting Hired, here!
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- You can still get a replay of my free training: 3 Requirements to Guarantee Yourself a 6-Figure Job in Any Economy. All you have to do is click here!
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.