If you think you’re too old to land a premium role that you love, or you feel like you’ve been out of the workforce for too long so you can’t start at a new company at the level you want, today’s episode is for you. There are some things you might think are a disadvantage as you try to create new opportunities in your career. However, those same things could actually be thought of as an asset. How do you reframe the story you’re telling yourself about ageism and career gaps?
When you get caught up in your sob story, telling yourself there are younger candidates out there with more recent or relevant experience, that’s a choice you’re making. The story you’re telling yourself isn’t true. But if you choose to believe it, you’ll continue creating the same result over and over.
Tune in this week to reframe your thoughts about your age and the gaps in your career. I’m showing you how your thoughts about your age only perpetuate the problem of ageism, and you’ll learn why your age and career gaps could actually be a real strategic advantage in landing a premium role.
To go deeper into what I’m sharing in this episode and open up new possibilities in your career, join my free training: The 3 Required Skills to Get a Six-Figure Job in a Tough Time!
If you leave me a review, I’ve got a freebie for you. My 8 Reasons Why You Get Interviews But No Offers course is usually $97. However, if you leave me a review on your favorite podcast app, I will give you access to this course that has been responsible for landing people offers. All you have to do is email me a screenshot of your review!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you can land any role you desire.
- What you might be believing about your age and the gaps in your career.
- How believing that your age and career gaps are a problem only perpetuates more problems.
- Why your age and career gaps could actually be an advantage.
- How to reframe any story holding you back in your career and prove it wrong.
Listen to the Full Episode:
SUBSCRIBE FOR WEEKLY INSPIRATION ON
Featured on the Show:
- If you’re ready to take this work deeper, come and join me in the 6-Figure Curriculum and land your premium role. We have some amazing live masterclasses coming up in there on Interviewing, Salary and Impact, and Maximum Career Impact, so don’t miss out.
- If you already have a position you love but you’re ready to truly excel in your role, you need to consider joining my mastermind Time to Thrive!
- Check out my YouTube Channel!
- Let’s connect! Add me on LinkedIn.
- Send me an email.
- Click here to download your free copy of The Ultimate Guide To Acing Behavioral Interview Questions
- Check out my CNBC Contributor Profile
- Ep #151: Being the Example of What’s Possible: A Client Success Interview with Nancy Chan
- Grey’s Anatomy – TV show
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.